eBook Review: The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler

The Gist: Junkie prostitute is turned into a vampire by an ex priest then spends a week knee deep in blood and sex, before her sire is killed by his Father.

Favorite Line: “…I haunted London like a bloodthirsty ghoul for hundreds of years.”

I stared to read this then ended up in tears at 3am, and unable to sleep even though I had to get up and go to work the next morning. Interestingly, the cover did not appeal to me, and I downloaded it on a whim on my way home from work. It’s choppy in some places, but a good read. I like how raw Buecheler is in describing the complicated relationship between sex and blood. The ending was not so hot (in my opinion), but that’s because I’m a helpless romantic, and like my endings full of love and hope…blah, blah soppy stuff. That said, the writing was engaging enough for me to look forward to reading the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ta!